I graduated as an MD from Istanbul university, then received my Jordanian board in internal medicine. I joined the international fellowship program at San Diego Institute for Palliative Medicine, and became the first palliative care consultant in Jordan. In 2004 I was asked to establish and lead the palliative care program at King Hussein Cancer Center. I worked there for 6 years. I am particularly interested in Implementation of palliative care, creating comprehensive spiritual system and building capacity in volunteer work. Beside my private clinic "palliative care and pain management", I am the director of Arab Academy of Palliative Care" and "Bushnaq Training and Development Center". I am the founder and chairman of Jordan Palliative Care Society, and chairman of Bab Elkheer society for volunteer work. I am a temporary adviser for regional office- WHO., and a visiting faculty at school of medicine, Hashemite university- Jordan. I have written 2 books in internal medicine, and 3 books in palliative care in Arabic. My own values are: passion, giving and creativity, and I have been able to develop advanced leadership skills; strategic planning, project management, branding and very good presentation skills.
- Led the national efforts to develop the national guidelines for palliative care, that was recognized by the ministry of health in Jordan.
- Developed " palliative care- 2days course" and trained over 1000 candidates health care workers in Jordan.
- Created "wellness house", a group therapy group for cancer patients.
- launched " Palliative Care Diploma" affiliated with the German Jordanian University, and trained over 50 candidates.
- launched " NGO and Volunteer work diploma " affiliated with the German Jordanian University, and trained over 300 candidates.
- Established "Spiritual Society", that includes "spiritual therapy diploma", group therapy and spiritual club.